The Hororata Tartan© was designed and gifted to the people of Hororata. This Tartan is designed with six colours, each colour chosen to symbolise what it means to be from the Hororata region.
- RED represents our native Rata tree’s flower of which HoroRATA was named.
- WHITE represents the snow that blankets our mountains each winter.
- BLUE represents the rivers and waterways that bring life and enjoyment.
- GREEN represents the grass and pounamu.
- Our region has three primary schools, and their colours are all represented: BLACK and YELLOW for Hororata School, GREEN and WHITE for Windwhistle School and BLUE and BLACK for Glentunnel School.
The Hororata Tartan© is available in a range of products including Cheesecutter hats, Newsboy hats, ties, scarves and Kilts. New for 2016 Hororata Tartan cushions – 100% wool, tailored locally.
Join Clan Hororata by purchasing your own Hororata Tartan© Kilt. Personally tailored for you by the New Zealand Kilt Company. Included with your kilt are flashes and a Hororata Tartan tie.
By purchasing a Hororata Tartan© garment, you will a contributing to the Hororata Community Trust thus become an honorary member of Clan Hororata.
The Hororata Tartan© was modelled by Miss Scotland Jennifer Reoch (2011) with renowned Glasgow based photographer Neil Macmillan taking the stunning photographs on the grounds of Cameron House, Loch Lomond. This is a vibrant Tartan which will bring any garment to life.