The Hororata Night Glow to be held in the Hororata Domain has a great line up of live music in the lead up to and following the balloons.
We will also have free entertainment for the kids, an amazing array of street food and some fun activities for the adults as well.
Check back here as we load more details on the entertainment and music the autumn festival surrounding the Night Glow will offer.
Hororata Night Glow Saturday 18th May 2019, postponement Sunday 19th May 2019.
What is on offer in 2019
- Walk inside a cold inflated hot air balloon 3.00pm – 5.00pm. Free activity. This was popular last year, arrive early so not miss out.
- Learn the ‘Science behind the balloons’ with Canterbury University. Free activity.
- Talk to the balloonists and get to see their baskets up close.
- Spring Free trampolines – free for all to have a bounce.
- Kids join the Glow Circus – learn to juggle and have a go at other circus tricks! Free activity.
- Try Small Bore shooting with the Hororata Rifle Club in their rifle range* or archery with NewZengland.
- Enjoy the sampling food and wine in the Taste of Canterbury Barn.
- Browse the stalls and stock your pantries for winter! Click here for a list of stalls.
- Heaps of games and activities for all in the Event Hire fairground area, including a parents ‘chill out zone’!
- With a huge range of food at all price ranges your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Live music with the Sound Sensation and Chilton House.
- Fireworks to end the night.
- Click here to download the programme
- Click here to download the colour in competition – closes 16th May
From rock, pop and disco to today’s top 10 and classic hits, Sound Sensation 11 piece super group with a dynamic horn section and high energy vocal arrangements. Sound Sensation will cover everything from the Blues Brothers to The Commitments, Pussycat Dolls to Bruno Mars, disco divas and Motown masters… Sound Sensation is guaranteed to get the dance floor jumping at this years Hororata Night Glow!
A new band making waves on the Christchurch music scene Chilton House describe their music style as classic pop, rock, reggae, funk songs that somehow, you know all the words to. Consisting of four uni student’s:
Holly – Lead Vocals
Mark – Guitar (Back Vocals)
Austin – Guitar (Back Vocals)
Nikos – Drums
and their ‘band dad’
Jason – Bass
*Note about Small Bore Shooting – this is done in a controlled indoor range using .22 calibre single shot target rifles supplied by the Hororata Rifle Club, all shooting is supervised by range officers. Smallbore Target Rifle Shooting is a sport which is enjoyed by male and female, young and old, able bodied and people with disabilities.