Hororata Night Glow Saturday 8th May 2020, postponement Sunday 9th May 2020.
Keep an eye on this website for updates on the 2021 event.
The Hororata Night Glow to be held in the Hororata Domain has a great line up of live music in the lead up to and following the balloons.
We will also have free entertainment for the kids, an amazing array of street food and some fun activities for the adults as well.
Check back here as we load more details on the entertainment and music the autumn festival surrounding the Night Glow will offer.
What was on offer in 2019 – stay turned for what will be at the 2021 event
- Walk inside a cold inflated hot air balloon 3.00pm – 5.00pm. Free activity. This was popular last year, arrive early so not miss out.
- Learn the ‘Science behind the balloons’ with Canterbury University. Free activity.
- Talk to the balloonists and get to see their baskets up close.
- Spring Free trampolines – free for all to have a bounce.
- Kids join the Glow Circus – learn to juggle and have a go at other circus tricks! Free activity.
- Try Small Bore shooting with the Hororata Rifle Club in their rifle range* or archery with NewZengland.
- Enjoy the sampling food and wine in the Taste of Canterbury Barn.
- Browse the stalls and stock your pantries for winter! Click here for a list of 2019 stalls.
- Heaps of games and activities for all in the Event Hire fairground area, including a parents ‘chill out zone’!
- With a huge range of food at all price ranges your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Live music with the Sound Sensation and Chilton House.
- Click here to download the programme
*Note about Small Bore Shooting – this is done in a controlled indoor range using .22 calibre single shot target rifles supplied by the Hororata Rifle Club, all shooting is supervised by range officers. Smallbore Target Rifle Shooting is a sport which is enjoyed by male and female, young and old, able bodied and people with disabilities.