The Band competitions will follow the solos. There will be a March Past in conjunction with the Welcoming Ceremony, so bands all need to be at the Grounds at approximately 10.45am when Solos finish. We may run the Juvenile prior to March Past (this may change depending on entries and timing).
- All bands are expected to take part in a March Past for the Welcoming Ceremony at approximately 12 pm. This is an amazing way to celebrate the bands at the event in front of a large crowd. The bands will exit the arena once they have played so not expected to stand for the whole ceremony.
- There will be no Massed Bands or March Past at the end of the day.
- Only those bands that take part in the March Past will be eligible for the competition prize money.
- Bands Tunes for March Past will be advised – but will probably be Scotland the Brave, Green Hills, and maybe Amazing Grace.
- Competitions will be run under rules based on RNZPBA Assn rules but may not be enforced.
- The Band Presentation will be in the Circle at the conclusion of the Band Competitions.
- All band members will be issued wristbands as tickets, these must be worn to gain admittance. There will be a competitor entry gate open from 8.00 am–11.00 am which is closer to the competition area. Supporters accessing this gate must have a ticket as there will be no ticket sales at this entry point.
Entries to the Hororata Highland Games on the 11th of November 2023 open 1st September.
All competitors will be issued a competitor pass and will need these to enter the event, regardless of age.
Grade 1 – 4
||Full Band Set
||Band of the Day
||$200 per grade
||Hororata Highland Games Trophy