Sunday 2nd February 2019, 1pm – 6pm
Gunyah Country Estate, Glenroy, Selwyn NZ
The Hororata Community Trust invites you to celebrate summer and the start of 2020 at the Gunyah Garden Party. An afternoon of fine drinks and food set in the stunning gardens of the historic Gunyah Country Estate.
- Gin and Whisky Tastings as well as Master Classes with Whisky Galore’s, Michael Fraser- Milne
- Wine tastings from boutique estates
- Live music – Christchurch Jazz band ‘The Curio Club’
- Amazing food with a continuous high tea
- Garden Games and more
This is going to be a afternoon not to be missed. More announcements on entertainment to come so check back here or follow our Facebook event.
Christchurch Jazz band ‘The Curio Club’ will keep adding to the celebration playing for visitors all afternoon. With a classy look and sophisticated sound that is all its very own, The Curio Club is a unique and tasty trio, playing the most luscious mix of jazz classics with a new twist, and contemporary favourites with a twist of old.
There will be garden games set up around the expansive Gunyah Estate Gardens. The gardens of Gunyah Country Estate were established by its original owners, Wilfred Hall and his wife, Millicent Potts in 1912 when the homestead was built. Now restored, Gunyah’s gardens take up 12 acres with expansive lawns, mature trees, NZ natives, exotics which includes original stunningly coloured and perfumed azaleas and rhododendrons from Thomas Potts’ days, the old and new orchard, a gazebo, a folly, avenues and more.
Tickets are on sale now
Numbers are limited.
$100.00 per person (+ 2.5% credit card fee)
- A gin or whisky appreciation with Whisky Galore
- Three premium wine appreciations with Selwyn Wineries – Braided River, Loan Goat and Melton Estate
- A complimentary beer or wine from the bar (drinks can be purchased as well)
- A continuous high tea served from the Gunyah Kitchen
- A souvenir glass to take home
- Plus entertainment from the fabulous Jazz band The Curio Club, garden games, door prizes and more
Group bookings of 6 people or more can book direct for a discounted price (must be paid on invoice by direct credit) – email email@example.com
There is also a sober driver ticket which is $52.00 plus credit card fee.
No gate sales for this event.
A Courtesy van will be operating offering rides to and from Darfield, Glentunnel, Hororata, Windwhislte and Methven. Details will be sent to ticket holders prior to the event.